The Letter Review Prize for Poetry is Now Open
Letter Review invites you to enter our Poetry Prize which offers an opportunity for emerging writers to secure publication, and for established writers to be celebrated.
Competitions, perhaps most valuably of all, bring new work to light. We can’t wait to read your entries.
The winners will share in $1100 USD.
- First place receives $1000 USD and publication at Letter Review.
- Second place receives $50 USD and publication.
- Third place receives $50 USD and publication.
- A longlist of twenty and a shortlist of ten will be acknowledged, who will also have the option to discuss publication.
- The Prize is open now, and will close on 31st October 2022 at 11:59 pm (ET).
- The Prize is open to writers from anywhere in the world.
- The judges will be Nakita Dass and Ol Adams.
- Poems may be written on any subject and in any style.
- Entries may be simultaneously entered elsewhere in the initial phase of judging. Entrants who are considered for the longlist will be asked to either withdraw their poems from consideration elsewhere within 48 hours, or withdraw from our longlist.
- Submissions must be primarily written in English. Any non English phrases must be accompanied by a translation.
- Poems must have a single living author, and must be submitted by the author.
- Entries must be unpublished, including online. If poems have been circulated online as part of writing courses they must be password protected.
- Judging will be blind to ensure fairness: please do not include your name on the poem document itself. No dedications at this stage please (can be added later if publication discussed).
- With your email please include a short biography of not more than 200 words.
- Each entrant should submit all poems together in a single word doc.
- All fonts and text sizes accepted. Please number the pages.
- To enter costs $20 USD. For this one payment of $20 USD you may enter 6 poems. Entry is reduced to $35 USD for up to 12 poems, and $45 USD for up to 18. You may enter as many times as you wish.
- Each individual poem should not exceed 70 lines.
- Entrants will receive automatic confirmation of receipt.
- Here are the Terms and Conditions.
- Please pay via the secure PayPal button below.
- Submit your entry to email@example.com
- Please acknowledge payment in your email.