After you finish a piece of creative writing you might ask yourself several questions.
Is my writing publishable? Is my writing good? What do you think of my writing? And finally, where do I get feedback for my writing?
Does this sound like you? At Letter Review we provide feedback on short stories. If you’re seeking a writing assessment, a writing critique, or writing feedback then our service can help.
We often have people ask, where can I get feedback for my short story? Where is the best place to get feedback on my writing? Or even, am I a bad writer?
Feedback is most useful after you have finished a draft of your work. Perhaps you’d like someone to look over your writing before you start sending it out into the world? Perhaps some of your writing has not been accepted at a number of publications, and you’d like some advice about why that might be.
We know it can be intimidating to share your work, so please trust that we are here to support you in a friendly, relaxed, and constructive way.
Who will be providing the feedback?
Feedback is provided by Ol Adams. Letter Review is currently edited by Ol Adams, who is a PhD candidate in Creative Writing, casual academic, and guest lecturer at the UNSW. Ol has worked as the Reviews Editor at Southerly Literary Journal and an Editorial Assistant / Fiction Reader at Overland. Ol has had short stories published in leading literary journals such as Overland, Southerly, Seizure, and TEXT. Ol has had novels long listed for major awards such as the KYDUMA, has received government funding to produce plays from Create NSW and screenplays from Screen NSW, and has performed / produced self authored original work at major theatrical venues.
Feedback on Fiction
- Please send your fiction to email@example.com
- What do I get? We will read the entirety of your story and provide detailed feedback on areas including plot, structure, (rising) tension, pacing, characterization, antagonism, protagonism, theme, thematic comment, setting, denouement, point of view, and perspective.
- We will provide a comprehensive overview of your story, so that you can immediately get to work implementing our practical suggestions, which will help you to bring your story to a professional and publishable standard.
- What does it cost? Feedback costs $200 USD for up to 3000 words. A half price discount is offered to those who have entered our Prizes. To access this discount click on the box above the Buy Now button to activate the drop down menu containing the reduced rate.
- Please submit your story in a word document.