The Letter Review Prize for Short Stories is Now Open
Short stories are one of the most enduring and revered forms of storytelling. It’s no wonder their popularity is currently soaring.
Short story competitions represent a wonderful opportunity for emerging writers to demonstrate their ability and secure publication. They also offer established writers an avenue to practice their craft, and cement their reputation.
Perhaps most importantly, competitions showcase wonderful writing, bringing us into contact with exciting and remarkable new work.
We are seeking tales between 400 – 3000 words. There are no theme or genre restrictions: all stories welcome.
The Prize is open to anyone, from anywhere in the world, who is over 12 years of age.
First place receives $600 USD and publication. Second place receives $250 USD and publication. Third place receives $150 and publication. 20 stories will be longlisted, and 10 stories shortlisted. All longlisted entrants have the option to discuss publication too. It costs $20 USD to enter one story, $35 USD to enter two, and $50 USD to enter three.
How to Enter
- Please submit your entry to email@example.com
- Please submit an original unpublished short story which is 400 – 3000 words, written in English, in size 12 font, as a word doc.
- Include a short biography of less than 200 words.
- Please don’t include your name in the title of your document, or in your story, as the Prize is judged blind.
- Submissions close 11:59 pm 31st October 2022 (ET).
- Please pay the entry cost via the secure PayPal button below: $20 USD to enter one story, $35 USD to enter two, and $45 USD to enter three.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
- The judges will be Oliver Wakelin and Nakita Dass.
- Here is the FAQ.
- Here are the Terms and Conditions.